Friday, January 2, 2009

So it begins....


Now that we have embarked on a new year i have some things that need taking care of. First off let me just say that the bro down at Hopleaf last night was the most fun I have had in a while. It was nice talking shit about what a bad ass I used to be, and I can say now that I am happy that I have calmed down immensely. Plus telling funny stories about your ex husband to new acquaintances is always worth it.
 I have a partner(the lovely miss Julie) who will be running my first 5k with me. Now, lets talk about that. I'm getting married October 31st of this year. So because of this I have begun the whole OHMYGODIMGETTINGMARRIEDBETTERLOOKHOT panic that seems to befall so many women. Now, I am totally fine with myself, so this isnt some sort of weird torture I am inflicting for "beauty". I just miss the way I used to look, back when all I did was smoke ciggies and get hammered(that is no way to maintain 118pds people) so I am on my way to getting back to that( well not that per SE, I looked kind of sick) but a close approximation to it. 
Also, the whole planning of said shindig must get underway now, or its going to be a very very crabby time, and I don't think Joe deserves that so much.  So today I started. I started looking at flowers, picked out the dress, picked out the shoes, picked out the hair thingy, picked out the rest of the design for my sleeve, got ideas for the vows, so on and so forth. It was productive, plus I got to hang with Leslie and Milo which is always a good time.
Lets see what else. Ohh yes, I am looking forward to this weekend. I get to see Ranise, Riot, Jeraul, Joe and Zach are hanging out too. This is always fun. Going over to the loft to bro down, scratch some lotto tickets, have some drinks and listen to records before we go to a show. Cant wait. Its been a long hibernation with this winter and I am looking forward to the year ahead. Ohh and the above comic is from Fart Party, one of my favorite zines out there. Thanks Ranise, we will always have the FP.

No comments:

Post a Comment